Friday, January 11, 2013

103. Type, Paper, and a large batch of sketches

     I have been working on various birthday present ideas. I think I am at least getting close to narrowing what I am going to make down and hopefully start soon. The first picture is for the cards I am going to make.  I am not sure if I am going to hand draw all of the cards or work up  'Happy Birthday' in Illustrator, print them and then do either quilled balloons or candles on them. I am still working on some of them letters, but I am getting closer to what I want them to look like.

     The second picture would be another part of the presents I am making. I am thinking about making a set of paper flowers, three being roses from my Halloween Post and three being lilies. I am  working on making the paper lilies to go with them. I am still working on exactly how to make them; I still have to make the center bits for them. The picture at least shows a quick test to see how they would turn out. I haven't really thought about the stems yet, but I will at least start dying the paper for the roses. I am going to make most of these flowers red, pink, purple, and yellow. I wont be using actual newspaper for these but I might use blank news print or some spare drawing paper I have.

     The rest of the pictures are a large batch of sketch dailies. I am close to doing a sketch everyday for fifty days, I am hoping that I can continue to make time to do one everyday for a year in total. Which would end up being around Thanksgiving.

     The last thing I want to mention is that Soceity6 is having another artist promotion. If you use this link: http://society6.com/SVaeth?promo=38c229  there will be free shipping in my Society6 store until January 13th at midnight Pacific. ( Society6 excludes free shipping on Framed Art Prints, Stretched Canvases and Throw Pillows with insert.)
     I will also be removing my 2013 calendar designs Night sky, Hourglass, and Notes from my Society6 store on February 28th. I have a few ideas about 2014 designs, but I wont start working on them until I finish the birthday stuff.






















No comments:

Post a Comment