Tuesday, March 13, 2012

63. Music Note Collage

 Here is the music note collage I have been working on, with several in progress pictures and a few close ups of the final piece. Overall the piece is 18 x 24 inches.  I started by drawing the design first and then added layers of tissue paper. The first layer I ended up using smaller pieces and forming them around the drawing of the notes. The second layer I used large sheets to cover the entire piece. The fourth images is after I did the wash to get the color. The wash was a watered down mix of white acrylic paint and brown ink. The last thing I did was take cut up pieces of old magazines. I ripped out a bunch of pages with black, cut them up and used them for the notes. The piece is very textured overall and the two close ups show that.  The final overall piece is a little blurry. I plan to make this a piece in my society6 store, but I need to wait till I get a sunny day, right now the weather is showing a lot of rain and thunderstorms which I love but it delays photographing anything. I will post on my twitter when I get good pictures of the final one and get it in my society6 shop.

Other than this I am working on the whale quilled piece and as soon as the sun shows up I will get that posted. I am hoping it will be up by the end of the week. I also want to mention that my 2012 calendar designs (Hour Glass and Night Sky) from previous blog post will only be available in my Society6 shop until May 1st and then I will remove them.









1 comment:

  1. I love how you show how you create your art.
    Thanks for this post.

    Happiness to all.

    ReplyDelete